Skip to content Skip to footer

Specialist advice

Citizens Advice Welwyn Hatfield offers a variety of specialist advice services.

The drop in service is currently closed.


Law Clinic

Use our drop-in service in Hatfield to discuss your issue with our experienced advisers who may then arrange a 30-minute FREE appointment at our Law Clinic to discuss your options. The Law Clinic can help with housing & land disputes, family & childcare, wills & probate, employment, immigration, personal injury, medical negligence. Our experienced advisers can also help with many of these issues.

NEW!  We also now offer 30-minute free appointments for clients wanting to discuss matters of criminal law. Appointments may be made via our drop-in service.

Crisis Intervention

Help and advice for people in crisis and facing exceptional and unexpected financial pressures. If you need help and don’t know where to turn, please get in touch.


Paradigm Housing Project

A general and money advice casework service is available for tenants of Paradigm Housing Association.

Contact: or 01707 280412.

Struggling with rent or mortgage arrears?

Free, confidential and independent advice for tenants and owner occupiers who live in Welwyn Hatfield.

If you have rent or mortgage arrears, please contact us and we will help you to resolve these issues, together with council tax arrears and problems paying your utility bills.

We will look at your income, together with your expenditure and all of your debts, then help you prioritise what you need to pay first. We can negotiate with people you owe money to and help you reach an agreement to repay the debt.

If you are unable to reach an agreement, we may be able to help you defend any legal action. We can also help you maximise your income by checking you receive everything you are entitled to and if not, by helping you to make a claim.

Contact: or 01707 268058.

Housing First

Help if you are homeless or sleeping rough, anywhere in Welwyn Hatfield. We provide advice and support to help make the transition from homelessness, including advice on benefits, debt and bank accounts.

Contact: or 01707 280421 or 07792 815828.

Disability Benefits

If you are sick or disabled, there are a number of different benefits and tax credits you may be able to claim.  Home visits available. For more information call 01707 269 255.

Get help applying for Universal Credit

Our Help to Claim service can support you in the early stages of your Universal Credit claim, from the application, through to your first payment.

Help to Claim is a dedicated service from Citizens Advice. It’s free, independent and confidential. Our trained advisers can help with things like how to gather evidence for your application or how to prepare for your work coach appointment.

Call us for free: 0800 144 8 444.

Visit us:

For online advice visit:

Employment Advice

When you are in work, you can be faced with many difficult issues, so it is essential to know what your rights are. We can help you with those rights and dealing with grievances. We cover a range of issues you might face, including contracts, pay, holidays, dismissal, discrimination, and health and safety.

British Sign Language Service

Advice in British Sign Language, serving Deaf people across Hertfordshire. To book an appointment email or text 07756 148591. Voice calls cannot be accepted on this number.